1. Define them, clearly, and set a by when date. Be realistic, but don’t short yourself. Example: “I do a muscle-up by December 2014.” Write it down somewhere where you see it every day. Tape it to your bathroom mirror or stick it on the fridge!
2. Make yourself accountable. Tell your friends, your coaches, your gym mate, and your mom. Let us know what you are working on and we canhelp get you there. Most of us have been there at one time (or maybe we are working on the same goal). Accountability is key.
3. Make a plan. What steps do you need to take to get to your goal by your by-when date? Maybe that looks something like setting 15 minutes aside each day to work on progressions on the low rings, or maybe to work on your double unders. You won’t get anywhere without a plan. If you need help coming up with the steps reach out to your coaches.
4. Stick to the plan! Record your progress.
5. Lastly and probably most importantly believe in yourself. Sorry for the cheese, but you have to have the mindset of an achiever!