Looking for an easy recipe for a side dish that is easy to make but still delish? Look no further! This dish, green beans with almonds, is simple,healthy, and mighty tasty. Crisp-tender green beans are sautéed with onions and almonds in this healthy side dish. This dish makes a great accompaniment to any meal!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Pound Fresh Haricot Verts, you can use the steam-in-a-bag
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided
- 1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, leaves removed from stems and finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Raw Whole Almonds, chopped
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Steam the fresh green beans in the microwave according to package instructions. Alternatively you can steam the beans on the stovetop for about 8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add in the onion and fresh thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the almonds and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the green beans and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute to let the flavors combine.
- Top the beans with fresh parsley and serve.
Recipe found HERE.