With Daylight Savings time this weekend and spring slowly creeping up, it’s time to break out the refreshing recipes. This is a simple and fast salad to make and doesn’t even require leafy greens!
This recipe is from EatWell101.
- 1/2 lb (225g) chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Lime Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro or parsley
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, diced
1. Combine all chicken seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag). Add the chicken breast and toss to coat.
2. In the meantime, heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat brushed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Once the grill pan is heated, add chicken breast and cook on each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of chicken breast. Remove from the pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Lime Juice Dressing:
1. While chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the lime dressing into a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
1. Once the chicken breast has cooled, cut into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with the ingredients for the salad (cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocado).
2. Drizzle the lime juice dressing over the top and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or keep a few hours in the refrigerator, then serve and enjoy!