We are coming up on the Open (starting February 25th) and we want everyone to be ready. Please note the following:
- CrossFit headquarters will be doing randomized drug testing of any athlete that signs up for the Open. From the website: “All registered athletes, having electronically signed the drug-testing consent form as part of the registration process, are subject to unannounced directed or random testing outside of competition, 365 days a year, at any time and any place. Directed selections will be made solely at the discretion of CrossFit Inc. Random selections may be generated electronically from a pool of athletes selected by CrossFit Inc.”
- Friday classes will be the Open workout for that week (so you might as well sign up since you’ll be doing them anyway!).
- We will do the Open workouts as a gym on Fridays at 5pm and Sundays at 11am. For the duration of the Open, we will be canceling Olympic Lifting on Sundays and be doing the Open workouts from 11am-1pm.
- We ask that you please do not have your significant other judge you during the Open.
- If you cannot make it on Fridays or Sundays, please schedule a time to come in during Open Gym to have a coach judge you.
- If you think you have a chance of making it to Regionals, make sure a certified judge is judging you and you are filming your attempts.
- It’s not a necessity but we encourage anyone participating in the Open that will be judging other people to take the CrossFit online judge’s course.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!