With Daylight Savings time this weekend and spring slowly creeping up, it’s time to break out the refreshing recipes. This is a simple and fast salad to make and doesn’t even require leafy greens!
This recipe is from EatWell101.
- 1/2 lb (225g) chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Lime Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro or parsley
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, diced
1. Combine all chicken seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag). Add the chicken breast and toss to coat.
2. In the meantime, heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat brushed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Once the grill pan is heated, add chicken breast and cook on each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of chicken breast. Remove from the pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Lime Juice Dressing:
1. While chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the lime dressing into a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
1. Once the chicken breast has cooled, cut into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with the ingredients for the salad (cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocado).
2. Drizzle the lime juice dressing over the top and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or keep a few hours in the refrigerator, then serve and enjoy!
This is a fantastic recipe provided by Working Against Gravity (WAG). This edible pumpkin pie batter, made with nutty and sweet kabocha squash (also known as Japanese pumpkin), takes on a texture that’s nearly identical to a baked pumpkin pie. PROTEIN: 8.6 g CARBS: 52.4 g FAT: 14.1 g SERVES: 1 CALORIES: 361 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 45…
Quick and healthy, no-bake pumpkin oatmeal energy bites are easy and fast to make, plus they are a healthier alternative to cookies this holiday season! Consider bringing these to your next family or friend gathering, or just making them as a treat for during the week! Ingredients 1 1/2 to 2 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal (You can use old-fashioned…
The heat is in full force, making it more important to stay properly hydrated. During the cooler months it is important to stay hydrated, but during the summer months it is even more critical you keep your body properly hydrated. We won't go into the details of what happens to your body when you don't stay hydrated, we will…
This blog is from the CrossFit Invictus blog. Set Boundaries With Your Smartphones to Improve Overall Health Written by Bryce Smith Fifteen years ago, the Internet was an escape from the real world. You could unwind while emailing an old friend, chatting on AOL instant messenger, or play some mean games of solitaire or Minesweeper. Now the real world…
2018 CrossFit Albuquerque's: Cut the Crap Presentation & 6-week Challenge This year our gym is not doing the 'same-ol' New Year challenge you see roll around every January. We are providing CFABQ members with a presentation and 6-week challenge that will set you up for a successful & healthy 2018!!! Coach Becky is presenting on Saturday, January 6th at 3pm on topics that everyone needs…
Looking for an easy recipe for a side dish that is easy to make but still delish? Look no further! This dish, green beans with almonds, is simple,healthy, and mighty tasty. Crisp-tender green beans are sautéed with onions and almonds in this healthy side dish. This dish makes a great accompaniment to any meal! Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time:…
If you are looking for a recipe for the holidays, this is a delish recipe that will be a huge hit at your next gathering. The Working Against Gravity Team came up with this recipe and it's sure to WOW! Ingredients: 450 grams 97% fat free cream cheese 350 grams 2% fat plain Greek yogurt 425 grams unsweetened pumpkin…
Picture courtesy f Caitlin Dillon - "Crescent rolls not Paleo, but highly advisable". Adapted from the Nom Nom Paleo recipe book, CDil's most recent concoction was hearty, delicious, and warmed the soul. This is a Whole30-friendly stew. This recipe uses a pressure cooker, can be ready in about an hour, and only takes about 15 minutes to prep. Serves 6,…
Interested in making a change in your diet in the new year? This may just be the challenge for you. Coaches Whitney and Jacy will be leading a 30-day challenge, starting January 9th. It doesn't matter if you already have a diet plan, if you'd like to complete a Whole30, if you're looking to cut out sugar/dairy/gluten, or if…