Keeping track of your Crossfit progress has never been easier. With tons of apps available in the palm of your hand, the only challenge is choosing which one is the best fit for you. Checkout the details on 5 popular Crossfit apps below, and get motivated to never miss another WOD.
- myWOD (Link)
- Track your completed workouts
- Graph your WODs and PRs
- Automatically calculate training weight for 1-10 rep max
- Create and save your own custom WODs,
- Find daily WODs straight from the Crossfit website
- Has over 150 preloaded WODs
- Has a collection of how-to videos showing basic & advanced moves
- “Find a Gym” feature locates Crossfit gyms near you
While myWOD is the only app on this list that costs money upfront, it comes with a ton of features. It is also rated #72 of all health and fitness apps on the Itunes app store.
- WOD Log (Link)
- Track your PRs and WODs
- Share your progress on social media
- Subscribe to your favorite boxes
- Calculate your Athletic Skill Level
- Weight percentage charts
- Attach pictures to your WODs
- Comes with over 150 WODs
- Keep track of your favorite WODs
- Enter results and notes for your tracked WODs
Reviews of WOD Log boast of how user friendly the app is. If you’re looking for something simple and easy to start tracking your progress with, this may be the right choice.
- WOD Genie (Link)
Rating: No rating
- WOD generator
- How-to videos for the movements
- Built in timer to time workouts
If all you need are free WODs at the palm of your hand, than this is an easy choice. It might not have all of the tracking and shareable features of the other apps, but when you’re looking for a WOD it’ll be easy to find.
- SugarWOD CrossFit™ Official app (Link)
- Subscribe to your box’s WOD feed
- Receive alerts when your box’s WOD is posted
- Prep videos to use before your WOD
- Connect with Crossfit athletes all over the world
- Check out how your friends are doing on your daily leaderboard
- Show support for your friends with comments and “fistbumps”
- Create and record a custom workout
- Track workouts done at home
As an official app of CrossFit™, you gain access to a lot of uniquely CrossFit™ material. You’re also able to connect with athletes all around the world and provide support for one another.
- CrossFit btwb CrossFit™ Official app (Link)
- Post results for every workout
- Create “squads” and keep up with your friends’ results.
- Find out what your Fitness Level is
- Discover the perfect workout among 8+ Million WODs.
- Compare your progress with World-Wide Leaderboards.
- Track body fat and benchmarks
Called “The World’s largest Crossfit Log”, Crossfit btwb is heavily focused on the tracking of your progress as compared to other people all over the world. Now get out there and smash some goals man!
We all know the familiar aches and pains. If you are having anterior knee pain it might be caused by a tight VMO (teardrop) muscle. We suggest performing the VMO mobility drill before you work out, after you work out, before bed, or in the middle of the day (basically a couple times a day). Watch the CrossFit Invictus video…
The heat is in full force, making it more important to stay properly hydrated. During the cooler months it is important to stay hydrated, but during the summer months it is even more critical you keep your body properly hydrated. We won't go into the details of what happens to your body when you don't stay hydrated, we will…
Most people do not have a very mobile back, which can lead to back pain or difficulty performing specific movements in CrossFit. Often times this is due to our lifestyle, sitting at a desk all day, being hunched over our phones, lack of awareness, or lack of strength in the back. The partner T-spine (thoracic spine) stretch is a…
If you follow CompTrain, Ben Bergeron's training program, you have probably heard this before. At CrossFit New England, they encourage each of their members to live by this three-fold policy. It is critical to have a positive mindset. The following excerpt is borrowed from CompTrain. CompTrain has an unbreakable threefold policy: Never whine. Never complain. Never make excuses. Staying positive is…
Two workouts down, three to go. We are going into the third week of the CrossFit Open. A few reminders: 1) Submit your scores no later than 5pm on Mondays. Once you submit your score Joe can validate it. 2) Stay consistent with each of the workouts. Come up with a plan and stick to it. Do what works for…
One of the most common questions coaches hear throughout the CrossFit Open - "Should I redo the workout?" The even more infamous response - "That depends." It really does depend though. There are several factors that go in to determining if it is necessary to redo the workouts. Coach CJ Martin of CrossFit Invitctus in San Diego, CA wrote a…
We are considering adding a 7am CrossFit group class to the schedule. But we need your opinion! Please click on the link below and answer the questions as to if you are interested in a 7am class. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2S6FX3T Thanks!…
This blog is from the CrossFit Invictus blog. Set Boundaries With Your Smartphones to Improve Overall Health Written by Bryce Smith Fifteen years ago, the Internet was an escape from the real world. You could unwind while emailing an old friend, chatting on AOL instant messenger, or play some mean games of solitaire or Minesweeper. Now the real world…
2018 CrossFit Albuquerque's: Cut the Crap Presentation & 6-week Challenge This year our gym is not doing the 'same-ol' New Year challenge you see roll around every January. We are providing CFABQ members with a presentation and 6-week challenge that will set you up for a successful & healthy 2018!!! Coach Becky is presenting on Saturday, January 6th at 3pm on topics that everyone needs…