With Daylight Savings time this weekend and spring slowly creeping up, it’s time to break out the refreshing recipes. This is a simple and fast salad to make and doesn’t even require leafy greens!
This recipe is from EatWell101.
- 1/2 lb (225g) chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Lime Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro or parsley
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, diced
1. Combine all chicken seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag). Add the chicken breast and toss to coat.
2. In the meantime, heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat brushed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Once the grill pan is heated, add chicken breast and cook on each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of chicken breast. Remove from the pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Lime Juice Dressing:
1. While chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the lime dressing into a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
1. Once the chicken breast has cooled, cut into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with the ingredients for the salad (cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocado).
2. Drizzle the lime juice dressing over the top and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or keep a few hours in the refrigerator, then serve and enjoy!
Most of us know the feeling of a tight lower back. It is a familiar and unpleasant feeling many people that participate in CrossFit experience. It may have been caused by heavy deadlifts, back squats, or even kettle bell swings. Maybe you don't even have the slightest clue why your back seems to be in pain or increasingly tight…
Name: Jacy Gansz-Torres (aka Jacy Guns) Position: Coach (5am/6am 3 days/week, 5pm/6pm Thursday/Fridays) When did you start doing CrossFit? I started doing CrossFit in August in 2012. What made you decide to start coaching? I was absolutely addicted to CrossFit (still am) and I was always looking for new information about CrossFit, watching every video I could, reading all the articles…
Name: Matt Booth (aka Bobo, El Toro Blanco) Position: Coach (7pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays) When did you start doing CrossFit? June 2010 What made you decide to start coaching? I fell in love with CrossFit and the community from the beginning and I wanted to have the opportunity to share what I experienced with others. I wanted to help others…
Congratulations to our very own, Mitch McClune, and his team for qualifying for Wodapalooza in Miami, Florida! Mitch will be competing January 18th-20th in the men's RX division on Team BAM. If you are interested in watching Micth's team crush it at Wodapalooza, it will be on floelite.com. Good luck Mitch and Team BAM!…
The 2019 CrossFit Open is just around the corner! As many of you know, CrossFit HQ is shaking things up a bit this year. There will not be one CrossFit Open, but TWO! The first will take place in late February with the second taking place in October, where it will remain going forward. The first Open schedule will…
These next few months we are switching gears and going to spotlight each of our coaches so all the members can get to know each CFABQ coach. First up, MFing Joe. Name: Joe Vigil Position: Owner and Head Coach of CFABQ When did you start doing CrossFit? March 2009 What made you decide to start coaching? I love Crossfit so much that…
"Change is scary, but not as scary as staying the same forever." -Ms Moem We value our members and drop-ins and want your voices to be heard. It is not always easy to make a change, but we want to make sure we are providing a safe, fun environment while also making necessary changes to create a better experience for everyone. We…
This is a fantastic recipe provided by Working Against Gravity (WAG). This edible pumpkin pie batter, made with nutty and sweet kabocha squash (also known as Japanese pumpkin), takes on a texture that’s nearly identical to a baked pumpkin pie. PROTEIN: 8.6 g CARBS: 52.4 g FAT: 14.1 g SERVES: 1 CALORIES: 361 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 45…
T'was the night before Christmas and all through the box, Joe decided he wanted it quiet as a fox. He changed the hours, the day before through the day after, so the athletes recovery from the holidays was faster. On Jacy, on Felicia, on Keelie, on Matt, on Linda, on Joe, and finally on Pat. Classes were successful and members…