The 2019 CrossFit Open is just around the corner! As many of you know, CrossFit HQ is shaking things up a bit this year. There will not be one CrossFit Open, but TWO! The first will take place in late February with the second taking place in October, where it will remain going forward.
The first Open schedule will be as follows:
- Week 1 – Thursday, Feb. 21st – Monday, Feb. 25th
- Week 2 – Thursday, Feb. 28th – Monday, Mar. 4th
- Week 3 – Thursday, Mar. 7th – Monday, Mar. 11th
- Week 4 – Thursday, Mar. 14h – Monday, Mar. 18th
- Week 5 – Thursday, Mar. 21st – Monday, Mar. 25th
Athletes will have four days to complete the workout(s), and submit their scores online.
Not all 16 sanctioned events will be ready for the 2019 season, therefore, CrossFit will likely take the top 20 from the Open and all the winners in each country. The CrossFit Games Open will be the single largest qualifier of athletes to the 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games. The top 20 men, 20 women worldwide and the fittest male and female in each country will receive an invite to the Games in Madison.
So let’s get ready to rumble! And #leaderboard like crazy!